Say & Play CALM to Communicate kit
A sensory calming box for busy minds!
Helpful to have at any calm down corner, sensory table, or just fun to play with during trips and travel.
For most children it is not effective to communicate when emotions are high. This kit is meant to help calm a child down with the goal for more effective communication.
The activities are engaging and calming to most children.
The kit includes 10 calming activities that support self regulation to calm down before communication. Activities were designed to be portable and all are included in the kit. The kit was also designed with activities that can be used by a child independently or with adult supervision as determined.
A laminated list of the items will be included.
Overall kit size is 14” x 10” x 3”
The 10 items are as follows: (subject to vary, but will always be calming items)
1. Come On, Calm Hardcover book by Kelsey Brown, Speech-Language Pathologist
2. Squish Mat- squish the sensory mat for a calming impact
3. Fidget & Fiddle Bag- 5 fidget toys
4. Breath Bracelet- Wear as a reminder to relax and stay calm
5. Color and Calm-Notebook with crayons
6. Play Putty- a medium firm therapy putty
7. Calm Cards-Cues to calm, laminated and on a ring.
8. I Spy tube- Spy for objects as you shake and twist the tube
9. Kinetic Sand Calmness- A mini kinetic sand jar with a hidden jewel
10. Play Doh of course! :)
Container is a quality made, durable, easy to clean and portable container. Color is blue. Colors may vary across some items but typically most are a shade of blue or a calm color.
Thank you for checking out the Speech & Smile shop!
5-7 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Jan 5, 2022
We haven't been able to use this in my son's classroom yet, but have started to introduce it during his sessions with his psychologist and she is really impressed with the items!